Friday, June 18, 2010

The Blessed Man


The Blessed Man
Psalm 1:1-6

I. The practice of the blessed or godly man
A. What they do not do (1)
1. Follow the advice of the wicked
Ps 81:12,  Proverbs 1:10-19,


2. Hang around with sinners
Psalm 26:4,5


3. Join in with the scoffers
Jeremiah 15:17


B. What they do (2)
1. They delight in the law of the Lord
Psalm 40:8    Psalm 119:1,55,97    Joshua 1:8

    
C. What they received (3)
1. They are like fruitful, well-watered trees.
Jeremiah 17:7,8        

II. The ungodly man (4-6)
A. The description of the ungodly
1. They are reverse of the righteous, both in character and condition.
The ungodly (are) not so (KJV), Not so the wicked (NIV)

B. The destiny of the ungodly.
1.      The Lord protects the godly, but the wicked are worthless chaff     who will one day be condemned and destroyed.
( Mat 25:45, 46 ).
C.    The reason rendered of this different state of godly and wicked.
        1.    The Lord approves and is well pleased with the way of the                 righteous but He is angry at the way of the wicked, all they do                 is offensive to Him, and therefore it shall perish, and they in it.
( Psa 37:13 146:8 Pro 4:19 )


Proverbs
10 My son, if sinners entice you, do not give in to them. ……..15 my son, do not go along with them, do not set foot on their paths;

Psalm 26: 4 "I do not sit with deceitful men, nor do I consort with hypocrites; 5 I abhor the assembly of evildoers and refuse to sit with the wicked.

Jeremiah 15:17 "I never sat in the company of revelers, never made merry with them; I sat alone because your hand was on me and you had filled me with indignation."

Psalm 40:8 " I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart."

Psalm 119:1 "Blessed are they whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the Lord."

Psalm 119:55 "In the night I remember your name, O Lord, and I will keep your law."

Psalm 119:97 "Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long."

Joshua 1:8  "Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful."

Jeremiah 17:7 "But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him."

Jeremiah 17:8 "He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."

Matthew 25:45 "He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.' 46 "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

Psalm 37:13 "but the Lord laughs at the wicked, for he knows their day is coming."



No comments:

Post a Comment